Category — Heard On The Block
A NEW GALLUP POLL reveals 55% favor no increase in the national debt without significant spending cuts, even if an economic crisis results.
You do have to read to the bottom of Gallup’s poll results to find this critical finding. American’s are watching with only 6% of those polled having no opinion. Gallup’s Democratic bias is 5% on average. Only 35% favor an increase in the national debt without significant budget cuts.
Via Hot Air.
July 19, 2011 1 Comment
With food and fuel up 10.5% already, Chinese imported goods inflation will have a crippling effect on the average American household.
May 27, 2011 No Comments
April 13, 2011 No Comments
THE EVIL TEA PARTY keeps kicking the Progressives butts; in Wisconsin, in Indiana, in Ohio, and now in the budget battle. Progressives can’t figure out why, and are asking.
The pundit answer is Progressives are numerically illiterate. But this isn’t the question Progressive are asking, although the answer does require a few basic math skills.
First, New York broadcast legacy media, CBS, ABC, and NBC are all Progressive megaphones blasting away chatting up the Democratic Party talking points leaving the rank and file Democrats with the impression they’re the majority, and Conservative Fox cable news as the minority. In fact the Tea Party Patriots and Tea Party Express reflect the views of 48% of voters as Rasmussen Report April 5 poll notes. The other 52% of voters, of 156 million, are split between Conservatives, New Democrats, Blue Dog Democrats, and Progressives. NY legacy Progressive media is viewed by less than 9 million voters out of 156 million total.
The Tea Party media is online, Drudge Report alone had 1 billion page views in March and reaches more voters than NBC; online Newmax, Instapundit, Red State, Powerline, and hundreds of other blogs are viewed by millions of Tea Party voters. NY broadcast media’s narcissistic computation that Progressives represents the majority view is completely false. In fact, less than 25% of voters are Progressives (Blue Dogs and New Democrats being almost 40% of Democrats).
Second, the heart of the Tea Party is in formerly Blue Dog Democrat states like Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas and 2o other formerly Democrat or split states. The Progressives are wiping out their own Party! Before the 2010 election there were 79 Progressive Caucus members in the House, 67 Blue Dog Caucus, and 41 New Democrats. Today there are still 79 Progressive Caucus members, just 17% of House seats, and 80 new Tea Party Caucus House seats, 17% of the House, while Blue Dog and New Democrat House seats were wiped out. Progressives are less than 25% of voters, but being numerically illiterate believe Progressives are a majority. Progressives lose but can’t figure out why. Ah… 25% is not 51% of voters, that’s why. Progressives need the Blue Dogs to win, but now the Blue Dog voter voted for the Tea Party because of its platform. “No Deficits.” These voters “do” math.
There are 14 Blue Dog Democrats still in the Senate coming up for re-election in 2012 and 2014. Three of these have decided not to run because being re-elected is hopeless. Charlie Cook, of Cook Political Reports, does the math for Democrats. Cook projects Democrats will lose control of the Senate in 2012. This is simple. The eight Blue Dog senate seats will be won by the Tea Party, and Republicans will have a majority in the Senate, that’s because 43 + 8 = 51. But is more likely to be 53 because there are Conservatives running too.
Progressives believe cutting 4% of a $1.6 trillion dollar deficit amounts to massive cuts in federal spending, except for the other 96% of deficit spending.
The Tea Party Patriots have just one platform, which is extremely complex, difficult and indecipherable to Progressives. ”No Deficits.” That all. That’s it. The entire Tea Party policy. Just “No deficits.”
The pundits are right, Progressives are getting their butts kicked because they’re numerically illiterate.
April 11, 2011 No Comments
ITS NOT A SHUTDOWN; its Spring Break for the Congress Kids!
With a $1.5 trillion deficit, cutting or not cutting spending less than 1% of the total budge is diminutive– not worth shutting the government down… over a budget for the year ending this summer. ?
Take a break Mr. “Hoops” President! Go have some fun Congress Kids! Someday, maybe, you’ll grow up.
April 6, 2011 No Comments